Thursday, 10 September 2009

Grove Park Carshalton

Just got back from spending a few hours over at Grove Park which is in Carshalton Surrey, i’ve not been over there for donkeys years so as i was in the area shopping and the park is over the back of the main high road i took my camera with me to take some photos

So if your in the Croydon or Sutton area and you want to get some fresh air and get away from the stress of the daily grind of life it’s well worth a walk and having a few hours in the peace and quiet with only the ducks and squirrels to keep you company

To say the squirrels are tame would be an under statement as no sooner had i stepped in the park they were round my feet looking for food and the squirrel below tried to run off with my camera lol

















Had to do a swap with said squirrel and after handing over some bread it gave me back my camera

















This is my land begone human

















After only just surviving the attack from the squirrel the Canada geese came after me

















Which was followed by two swans

















The grounds of Grove Park are a joy to the eye and i could only wish my local park was the same

















View of the river wandle running it’s way around the park

















And the bridge a cross the river which stands above the waterfall

















The river wandle waterfall

















Another view

















Not sure what the waterwheel below did in the past, maybe run a mill or something but sadly today it stands still

















Three Grove Park Carshalton Panoramas




















Ps be careful the squirrels will get you

All photos taken with Fuji Finepix F40fd

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lovely pictures of a lovely park. Thank you