Thursday, 6 January 2011

Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver



Hello all i just got my hands on a Belkin Bluetooth Music Receiver

I got one as i got fed up with having to use a lead from my amp if i wanted to play music or podcasts form my iPod Touch so as it was only about £17 i splashed the cash

It comes with two sets of leads to connect to your amp 3.5mm to RCA and a 35mm to 3.5 cable plus the power adapter which only took about a min to setup with my amp and iPod Touch plus as i have a bluetooth dongle for my PC i hocked that up as well

Have to say it's a really good device but don't expect great sound quality as it sounds like someone nicked the top and bottom end of my music plus the range is limited to the room your in but for what i wanted i'm happy and would recommend for the money


Belkin Link

The great thing now i can use Zumocast on PC and iPod Touch which lets me play all my music which is stored on PC to my ipod which then sends it to amp and speakers via bluetooth

Update now using a Crystal Acoustics BluDAC Bluetooth Receiver

15 comments:

Josh said...

how did you get it to connect to your PC? I'm using a laptop with a bluetooth dongle and its telling me it cant find drivers for it -_-

Eyerex said...

Does your bluetooth dongle work normally with say your mobile or other device ?

as all i did to connect PC to Amp was to just do a search for new device with windows and it installed everything for me using windows 7

Josh said...

hmm i've done some digging, I think my problem is this bluetooth dongle, windows is having a hard time getting one of the drivers working...i think that's where my problem is thanks for your help! i think i might need to invest in a better dongle, this one is pretty crap :P

Eyerex said...

What make is your Dongle as most should work without problem even old ones as i use a old Microsoft one which is years old

Eyerex said...

Just wondered did you right click on the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and then click add device

Eyerex said...

Here's a link to download the driver which windows installs

https://rapidshare.com/files/457355741/Bluetooth_Stereo_Audio.rar

JR said...

I have the exact same Problem with my Belkin V80, even the Driver you posted doesn't work for me, wonderful Windows claims that its not x64-capable...

Anonymous said...

Hi there.
I have the same problem ...

I have a belkin Bluetooth music receiver H51 but my laptop can pair but NOT connect.?
When I enter the pin (0000), there is a blue light on the receiver, but only for a 1 second.

With my phone it works without problems...
Please help me...
bye from SLO

Magical Marc said...

Tried the driver but Windows 7 does not want to install.

please advise if there is any other action I can try.

the PC recognizes the device but cannot connect...

Eyerex said...

Hello are you using the 32 or 64bit version of Windows plus do you have the options below for your bluetooth settings (see pic)

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rqhjmg.jpg

Ajay Vora said...

Hey, maybe you can help me. My belkin bluetooth music receiver works with Media Player, VLC and WinAmp but it doesn't play Youtube videos, Soundcloud or other web based audio. Is there a reason for this?

Eyerex said...

Hello so your PC plays the audio normally from web based audio just not via Bluetooth to the Music receiver plugged into an amp ?

Anonymous said...

I had the same problem with my PC. You can try http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php
.... it worked for me:)

Anonymous said...

Copy the driver from DELL site and it should be fine,
http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/latitude-e6520.html

Anonymous said...

Copy the driver from DELL site and it should be ok,
http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/latitude-e6520.html