Monday, 25 February 2008

How to close Khost and Kservice



If like me you use BBC iplayer or 4OD for you TV downloads you may wonder why your Internet has slowed down, well this is down to Kontiki which runs two bit's of software called Khost and Kservice which are P2P software used to share the TV files but the problem is you become part of the BBC and 4OD network which isn't a big thing as if you wasn't you wouldn't get your files but if your like me you want more control over you Internet it's a good idea to shut down Khost and Kservice

The easiest way to do this is to make a Bat file to do the job for you so find below info to make one

First open Notepad and add below

taskkill /im KService.exe /f
taskkill /im KHost.exe /f

Then save as CloseApps.bat and your done and just place say on desktop so it's easy to find then when you want to close Khost and Kservice just click the file

2 comments:

John Skibeat said...

Just so you know I'm back writing movies.
'Be Kind Rewind' and 'The Bank Job' both new up.

Johnski

Aluguel de Computadores said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.